The following is a list of acceptable identification documents for title transactions. All forms of identification must be current and valid.
- Georgia Driver's License (DL)
- Georgia ID Card
- Out-of-State DL
- Out-of-State ID Card
- US Military ID*
- Native American Tribal ID
- US Permanent Resident Card
- Employment Authorization Document
- USCG Merchant Mariner Card
- Free and Secure Trade Card
- NEXUS Card
- Sentri Card
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
*US Military ID may be accepted only with a valid Georgia or out-of-state DL or ID card.
Any out-of-state DL or ID card presented must be from a US state/territory/possession.
The forms of identification listed are only for title transactions. A valid Georgia DL or Georgia ID card is required for a Georgia license plate/registration to be issued.
Click here to see the list issued by the Georgia Attorney General's Office. The list includes more detailed information including the related O.C.G.A. code sections.