Renew your tag online using the RIN printed on the front of your renewal notice.
Credit cards accepted online are American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. Note: The Georgia Department of Revenue charges a credit card convenience fee of 2.35% ($1 minimum fee) to use this service.
A tag cannot be renewed online if the vehicle
- does not have a valid Georgia insurance policy, which must be electronically transmitted to the state database by the insurance company.
- requires an emission test and one has not been completed.
- weighs over 8,500 pounds.
- is covered by a Georgia Fleet insurance policy or a Georgia self-insured insurance policy.
- currently has a specialty license plate that requires supporting documentation in order to renew (e.g., military, certified firefighters and amateur radio plates).
- registered owner has a change of address.