Renew your tag online using the RIN printed on the front of your renewal notice.
Credit cards accepted online are American Express*, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. Note: The Georgia Department of Revenue charges a credit card convenience fee of 2.35% ($1 minimum fee) to use this service.
*Accepted online and by phone only.
A tag cannot be renewed online if the vehicle:
- Does not have a valid Georgia insurance policy, which must be electronically transmitted to the state database by the insurance company
- Requires an emission test and one has not been completed
- Weighs over 8,500 pounds
- Is covered by a Georgia Fleet insurance policy
- Is covered by a Georgia self-insured insurance policy
- Currently has a specialty license plate that requires supporting documentation in order to renew (e.g., military, certified firefighters and amateur radio plates)
- Registered owner has a change of address
The vehicle registration must be renewed by the renewal date each year or tax and tag penalties are assessed.