The following is a list of acceptable identification documents for title, registration and renewal transactions. All forms of identification must be current and valid.
A Georgia DL or Georgia ID must be presented for the initial issuance of a Georgia license plate.
- Georgia Driver's License (DL)
- Georgia ID Card
- Out-of-State DL
- Out-of-State ID Card
- US Military ID (accepted only with a valid Georgia or out-of-state DL or ID)
- Native American Tribal ID
- US Permanent Resident Card
- Employment Authorization Document
- USCG Merchant Mariner Card
- Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Card
- NEXUS Card
- SENTRI Card
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Canadian Driver's License
Any out-of-state DL or ID card presented must be from a US state/territory/possession.
Click here to see the list issued by the Georgia Attorney General's Office. The list includes more detailed information including the related O.C.G.A. code sections.