- Effective January 1, 2014, vehicles and trailers registered through IRP no longer pay annual ad valorem taxes at the county tag offices.
- Vehicles and trailers registered through IRP pay an annual Alternative Ad Valorem Tax (AAVT).
- AAVT is paid to the Georgia Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Division (DOR) the same time the IRP registration is issued or renewed. (4125 Welcome All Road, Atlanta, GA 30349)
- If you purchase a vehicle or trailer and choose to register that vehicle or trailer through IRP, the title can be processed at the DOR or at a Gwinnett tag office (if you are a Gwinnett resident).
- Form T-146 allows a vehicle or trailer being registered through IRP to be titled in Georgia without paying (TAVT). The completed T-146 must be submitted with the application for Georgia title. Click here for more information on title tax.
Note: If the vehicle or trailer is purchased through an out-of-state business or dealer, sales tax must be paid if the form T-146 is completed.
- Any vehicle or trailer registered through IRP will pay all fees due directly to the DOR.
- Any 2013 or prior year ad valorem taxes due on any vehicle or trailer registered through IRP must be paid a county tag office. You will be provided with a paid receipt to take to IRP to complete the registration process.
- IRP customers can contact the DOR at 855-406-5221, option 6.
For more information about IRP registrations, click here.