Mobile Home Payment Deadlines

Mobile home bills are mailed in January of each year and are due on or before April 1. Click here for payment options.

All mobile homes in Gwinnett are required to have a current decal visibly posted. Decals are issued upon receipt of tax payment. If you pay in person, your decal is issued immediately; if you choose another payment method, it will be mailed to you when payment is received.

If you believe you have been issued a bill in error, contact us at or 770-822-8800; however, it is your responsibility to ensure that the title has been changed into the new owner’s name and that the registration form has been completed.


Steps to follow after purchase

  • Have the previous owner sign the back of the title and give the title to you.
  • Find the mobile home on the view/pay your taxes page to see if the most recent taxes are paid. If taxes are due, pay them.
  • Visit a Gwinnett Tax Commissioner office with your title and tax receipt and have the title changed into your name within 30 days.
  • Fill out a Manufactured Home Change Request Form to request the name change on the property tax records. This form is available at all Gwinnett Tax Commissioner offices.

Changing Ownership of a Mobile Home

When a mobile home is purchased, an ownership change occurs. This change needs to be recorded on the title document for the mobile home and documented for County tax records.

Purchasers have 30 days from the date of purchase to apply for a new title. Failure to do so may result in a fine from the Tax Commissioner or possible litigation from the mobile home seller. 

The Tax Commissioner will only register or change the ownership of a mobile home with a title properly assigned to the current owner. Bills of sale, lease agreements, park reports, or a title where ownership has not been updated on the front of the document are not accepted.

Registering a Mobile Home

When applying for a new title, the mobile home owner needs to register the mobile home with the Department of Property Tax by submitting a copy of the new title and a Manufactured Home Change Request Form obtained from any Gwinnett Tax Commissioner office.

If the home is being moved from another county, proof that taxes are paid up-to-date must be provided along with a copy of the title in the current owner’s name before a mobile home can be registered and a decal issued.  There is a $10 decal charge to register the mobile home. You will also receive the inspection letter to take to Gwinnett County Planning and Development. This letter can only be obtained in the Department of Property Tax.

A Gwinnett County decal must be obtained within seven days of locating a mobile home in Gwinnett. 

Relocating or Moving a Mobile Home

To relocate a mobile home, obtain a relocation permit from the Department of Property Tax. To obtain a relocation permit, fill out a Manufactured Home Change Request Form with the address that the home is being moved to and the mover's name and address. There is a $10 charge for the relocation decal.

Note: It is unlawful to move a mobile home in Gwinnett County without a relocation permit. Any person violating this is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished with a fine of no less than $200 or more than $1000, or by imprisonment for no more than 12 months, or both.


Updated 1/4/2023